The hosting team is responsible to ensure all settings are correct prior to beginning the match. If the settings are found to be incorrect and the host does not end the game, your team should acquire proof and subsequently leave the game.
1. Players competing in any UMGO tournament, must be a resident of the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Canada. Players must not be a resident of the state of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland or the territory of Quebec.
2. There is only one prize per household for each tournament.
3. If a player’s account is banned for any reason by UMGO that said player cannot avoid that ban in any way to play in another UMGO tournament. If said player makes a secondary account and is playing in a UMGO tournament, said player and his/her team will be disqualified from the rest of the tournament with no credit refund. There will be no exceptions.
4. If any team fails to report an issue with another team and knows another team is doing something that can get them banned or disqualified from a tournament, the team that didn’t report may risk forfeiture and no refund of credits.
5. If and when leadership of a team is given to another member of that team. That person gives up all privileges that a leader gets.
6. To join a tournament team you may not join the team from a proxy IP address. If a player does so, you risk being forfeited.
7. Substitutions are not allowed in our tournaments. Once the tournament begins your roster is final.
8. Users may not share accounts, Xbox Live accounts, PlayStation Network accounts, or any aliases linked to a designated player’s account. Doing so can lead to a temporary ban from the site.
9. Any form of abuse of any staff member is prohibited. If a user does abuse a staff member, that user risks a temporary site ban and/or disqualification from the match that said user is participating in currently.
10. If a user disputes any payment from UMGO, said user is at risk of getting banned from UMGO.
11. Tournament bracket size and prize are subject to change depending on the total number of eligible teams at the start of a tournament.
12. In order to be refunded for connection issues you must provide valid proof. Proof should be in video form showing that your router is plugged in and and all cords are connected. You should begin by showing the front of the router showing which lights are on/off. Then follow the ethernet from your router to your xbox/playstation and show that it is connected on both ends. Finally, you must show your xbox/playstation not being able to connect to the internet. This must all be in (1) video with the time and date displayed in the proof as well. Once this proof is gathered please submit it for review.
13. UMGO reserve the right to change, modify, or adapt all rules as deemed appropriate in order to uphold and maintain a spirit of overall fairness and good sportsmanship
If a player disconnects from the game and is not able to reconnect to the game, then the Tournament Administrator will determine if the game state can be restored to a similar point so that play can continue.
If a player disconnects from the game and is not able to reconnect to the game on a repeated basis, then a loss will be given to said player if the Administrator deems it as intentional.
If the following circumstances are met during the match, the winning player may apply the Mercy Rule:
- A player is winning by 32 or more points at the end of the first half
- A player is winning by 25 or more points AND the team losing has had at least one opportunity to possess the ball in the second half
A player is winning by 24 points with possession of the ball AND the team losing has had at least one opportunity to possess the ball in the second half.
Onside kicks are not allowed in the first half. A player may attempt an onside kick at any time in the 2nd half if they have scored fewer points than their opponent. Attempting an onside kick at any time NOT permitted may result in a forfeit for unsportsmanlike behavior.
Players may not audible out of the QB Kneel, Wildcat, Field Goal, or Punt offensive formations.
Neither team should purposefully go offsides with the intent of delaying the game nor exhibiting unsportsmanlike conduct. Intent is at the discretion of the Tournament Administration.
1. Tournament matches are expected to be played at the scheduled match time. If an opposing team fails to show up after 10 minutes after the scheduled time, you must report a no show to live support. We will then contact the opposing team to confirm the no show.
2. If random users enter the room, you must ask them to leave. If they leave immediately without disrupting the match then the match will continue. If random user(s) interfere in a match then the hosting team must end the map, restart, and continue from the same score when the inference happened.
3. If a team reports a loss for a match, they cannot then contact Live Support looking to get the match reverted/replayed. Matches are only reverted/replayed if a match being advanced is due to admin error..
4. Any claims for glitching or cheating you must contact live support. Please have video proof ready when contacting live support.
5. Players have until the start of the 2nd quarter to report any incorrect settings. If a player fails to report incorrect settings before the start of the 2nd quarter the match is to be completed with the current settings.
6. UMGO reserves the right to broadcast any Match. If UMGO chooses to broadcast a Match, UMGO Staff members must be allowed into each Game. If UMG Staff members are unable to connect to a Host, all other hosting options may be explored until a suitable Host is found.
7. Third party communication is allowed for this tournament. (i.e skype, TeamSpeak, Party Chat, etc.). However, players must be able to communicate with any staff member that joins the lobby.
8. If your team is competing in mutiple UMG tournaments at once and your team is in the finals of one of these tournaments, your team has 20 minutes from the scheduled match time to play the finals match or your team risks being reported as a no show and can lead to a forfeit of the finals match or being forced to playing man down.
1. If a dispute occurs teams must contact tournament live support with valid proof of their claims. If live support is offline, users must submit a tournament support ticket. For proof to be considered valid it must be clear, show all gamer tags in the match along with the scoreboard, and must have proof supporting the accusation. (Cheating/Glitching, etc…).
1. When submitting a ticket fill out all the whole ticket with the correct information.
2. All UMGO staff decisions are final. If a decision is made from a ticket, additional tickets are allowed if they have new information that would potentially change the outcome of a specific match.
3. Tickets are handled in order that they are received. UMGO Staff should not be contacted regarding any tickets that have been submitted.
Prize claims are to be completed within 24 hours of completion of the tournament or risk forfeiture of prize. You may process a Prize Claim here.May take up to 72 hours for a claim to be processed.
Player's from ARIZONA, CONNECTICUT, MARYLAND, QUEBEC are not eligible to receive any Prizes from UMG Online.