STARTS APR 14TH AT 12:00 PM EDT
|C4 MADDEN 18 OVERTIME SERIES, POWERED BY UMG GAMING, APRIL ONLINE QUALIFIERS Tournament hosted by UMG|
The latest updated rosters are required for online play. These rosters must be used for all games in play-now leagues. For MUT, any players on your roster may be used. For NCAA Football, named rosters may be used in C4/UMG competitions; even though the servers prevent you from playing games with modified attributes, they will let you play with rosters that just have player names updated. Any member found attempting to use the Named Rosters aspect of the game to cheat in
competitions risks being removed from
competitions and suspended from
IMPORTANT: *EFFECTIVE 8/27/15 THROUGH THE END OF THE COMPETE4EVER MADDEN NFL 16 COMPETITIVE YEAR, ALL
MADDEN GAMES MUST BE PLAYED IN THE "SOUTH" ROOM WITHIN THE LOBBIES OF THE EA SPORTS ONLINE HEAD TO HEAD SERVERS. COMPETE4EVER MANAGEMENT WILL DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT THIS WILL CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT EDITION OF MADDEN NFL ONCE WE HAVE REVIEWED ALL RELATED FUNCTIONALITY IN MADDEN NFL 17.
Unless stated otherwise by C4 Management; all C4 Madden games must be played within the C4 Madden PlayStation and Xbox Online Communities. All C4 MUT games must be played using the Madden Ultimate Team Salary Cap mode Play A Friend feature.
EVEN TEAMS: Off
QUARTER LENGTH: 4 Minutes
SKILL LEVEL: All-Pro
PLAY CLOCK: On
ACCELERATED CLOCK: Off
OFFENSE AND DEFENSE CAMERA SETTINGS: Standard
GAME SPEED: Normal
AUTO STRAFE: Optional
HEAT SEEKER: Optional
BALL HAWK: Optional
SWITCH ASSIST: Optional
AUTO PLAY FLIP: Off
SLIDERS: Default (Leave them alone!)
Players may choose to play with any standard team-specific, generic, or Coaching Legends offensive and defensive playbooks. Because setting audibles causes standard playbooks to convert over to custom playbooks, players must tell each other what base offensive and defensive playbooks they are using before their game begins. Once that confirmation has been done, both owners can advance to start the game. Owners will also be penalized if they lie about which base playbooks they're using. If a player suspects that their opponent is using formations/plays that aren't in the playbooks their opponent declared, they must submit visual evidence via a formal complaint, and state which formations they thought were illegally brought into their opponent's base playbooks. Violators will be banned for the remainder of the current season in question and for the entirety of the following season it also.
NOTE: For Madden 18, and until further notice, these playbook rules apply only for Madden conventional play, and not for Madden Ultimate Team play.
For Madden 18 the following links can be used as base playbook references:
PLAYBOOK IMAGES (Credit To Madden-School):
The Player playing as the home team must choose their uniform combination first, and have their team wear a uniform combination that is darker or contrasting in color scheme in comparison to the away team’s uniform combination. The player playing as the away team must choose their uniform combination after the player playing as the home team, and have their team wear a uniform combination that is lighter or contrasting in color scheme in comparison to the home team’s. uniforcombination. to be re-star again.
WINNER OF EACH BRACKET ADVANCES TO APRIL LIVE FINAL EVENT IN TIMES SQUARE NYC ON SATURDAY APRIL 28TH 2:00 PM ET.
The use of the Chew Clock feature is optional for competitors; just as any other in-game clock management/tempo feature available in the playcall screen.
QUITTING GAMES IS NOT PERMITTED. ALL GAMES ARE TO BE PLAYED TO COMPLETION unless conceding. In order to concede, you MUST pause the game and message opponent that you will be conceding. The opponent will respond OK and both of you can record the final score. After recording the final score, both opponents will inform each other that they are all set and can proceed with the concession. Not allowing a concession is grounds for removal from C4 competitions. Keep in mind you can only concede in the 2nd half. You must be down by 21 or more in the 3rd and 17 or more in the 4th to concede. NOTE: Players can quit out of a game, regardless of the score, within the final 45 seconds of the game, and as long as it's not during a game deciding play, but they must notify their opponent before disconnecting and both record the final score. Forfeiting, "tanking" or any other form of "fixing" the outcome of a game is strictly prohibited. QUITTING OR INTENTIONALLY DISCONNECTING FROM A GAME, WITHOUT NOTICE, THAT RESULTS IN THE FINAL SCORE NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR STAT RECORDING IS PROHIBITED.IN LEAGUEPLAY, FIRST TIME VIOLATORS OF THIS RULE WILL AUTOMATICALLY FORFEIT/RECEIVE A LOSS FOR THE GAME IN QUESTION, AND BE ADDED TO A PROBATIONARY SUB-GROUP WHICH WILL PLACED AFTER ALL OTHER SUBGROUPS IN THE DRAFT ORDER FOR THAT LEAGUE'S NEXT SEASON; FOR RANDOM DRAFTS, THOSE VIOLATORS WILL BE ASSIGNED THE LOWEST OVERALL RATED TEAMS RANGING FROM LEAST WORST TO WORST DEPENDING ON SUBGROUP SIZE. FOR MUT, THOSE VIOLATORS WILL BE ASSIGNED THE STRONGEST SCHEDULE RANGING FROM LEAST STRONG TO STRONGEST DEPENDING ON SUBGROUP SIZE. SECOND TIME VIOLATORS OF THIS RULE WILL BE DEMOTED OR REMOVED FROM THE LEAGUE WHERE THE VIOLATIONS TOOK PLACE.
MANUAL PUNT/FG/XP BLOCKING CAN ONLY BE DONE USING THE IN-GAME PUNT/FG/XP BLOCKING FEATURE WHILE CONTROLLING ONE OF THE PLAYERS, INDICATED BY ICONS, THAT ARE DESIGNATED TO BLOCK THE PUNT/FG/XP. On punt returns, the return team may drop an additional player back to block for the punt returner, but if it results in a blocked punt, it will be considered a violation; do this at your own risk.
KICK ARC: The use of the Kick Arc feature is optional for competitors.
Onside kicks are not allowed in the first half. A Competitor may attempt an onside kick at any time in the second half.
SQUIB KICKS CANNOT BE RECOVERED BY THE KICKING TEAM UNLESS THE RECEIVING TEAM FUMBLES THE BALL. A SQUIB KICKED BALL BOUNCING OFF A RECEIVING TEAM PLAYER DOESN'T COUNT AS A FUMBLE. THE RECEIVING TEAM MUST TRY TO FIELD THE BALL; ANY ATTEMPT BY THE RECEIVING TEAM TO MANIPULATE A RECOVERY FOR THE KICKING TEAM WILL NULLIFY ANY PENALTIES THE KICKING TEAM MAY HAVE HAD ENFORCED ON THEM IN THAT INSTANCE.
First time violators of these rules that recover the ball will automatically forfeit/receive a loss for the game in question. In leagueplay, second time violators of this rule will be demoted or removed from the league where the violations took place.
ANY ACTION BY A PLAYER ON OFFENSE TO GET OUT OF A FIELD GOAL/EXTRA POINT ICE/FREEZE THE KICKER OR HIGH PRESSURE SITUATION KICK CAMERA VIEW/IN GAME MECHANIC MUST BE FOLLOWED IMMEDIATELY WITH RUNNING A CONVENTIONAL OFFENSIVE PLAY, OR ANY OTHER OFFENSIVE SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY, EXCLUDING FIELD GOALS/EXTRA POINTS OR FAKE FIELD GOALS/EXTRA POINTS.
First time violators of this rule will have to punt/kick the ball back to their opponent immediately after that, and whatever points that were scored as a result of that infraction will be considered reversed/null and void. Second time violators of this rule will automatically forfeit/receive a loss. Freezing a kicker through conventional means, is permitted though.
Any glitches that are identified and banned by the Madden Challenge, major tournaments, and any other competitive venue are considered banned in C4 competitions too.
Use of Player Lock feature to enable a CPU controlled Quarterback ("Robo-QB") is banned from all C4 competitions.
WR Double Pass glitch is banned from all C4 competitions.
The HB Pass play is also banned from all C4 competitions.
OFFSIDES GLITCH IS BANNED. There is a way to get your opponent to go offsides every time when using a certain glitch from the shotgun trio formation. There may be other formations that have an offsides glitch as well. The bottom line is, don't use any offsides glitch or you will face removal.
OFFSIDES PENALTIES CAUSED BY A CPU CONTROLLED DEFENSIVE PLAYER NOT GETTING PAST THE OFFENSE AND LINE OF SCRIMMAGE BEFORE THE BALL IS SNAPPED WHEN THE OFFENSE IS USING NO-HUDDLE:
1: If the offense is using no-huddle, and the cpu controlled defense players must run past the offense in order to get past the line of scrimmage and onsides after a play, the offense must wait for the cpu controlled defense players to pass them and the line of scrimmage before snapping the ball for the next play.
2: If the offense does not comply, and causes an offsides penalty in this situation, the defense must decide on whether to accept the penalty, or the result of the free play.
3: The defense cannot intentionally slow down with user controlled defense players to cause an offsides penalty.
4: During regulation time, this rule is not applicable when the offense has no timeouts remaining after the two minute warnings in the second and fourth quarters.
5: This rule is in effect for the entirety of all overtime periods.
AUTOMATIC OFFSIDES/AGGRESSIVE D-LINE GLITCH (NCAA FOOTBALL ONLY):
As of 7/22/12 there is an issue where defensive lines set to aggressive at any point in a game will have automatic defensive encroachment/offsides penalties triggered every time the offense does a fake-hike. Fake-hikes are prohibited, and setting defensive lines to the Aggressive setting is prohibited. This rule will remain in effect until C4 Management has confirmed that the Automatic Offsides/Aggressive D-Line Glitch has been effectively patched.
The HB Direct Snap play is banned from being used. As many of you know, with a couple of adjustments, this play becomes a glitch snap to any WR you choose. Don't use the play, even if you are going to snap the ball to your running back.
Players may not audible out of the QB Kneel, Wildcat, Field Goal, or Punt offensive formations.
Any run play, out of any offensive formation, that results in the defense being unresponsive to the ball carrier, being unable to assign commitments to ball carriers on option plays/designed QB runs, or over committing erroneously away from the point of attack, due to a glitch/game defect is not allowed. This includes QB Wrap plays in any formation.
Flipping formations/plays, motioning players, and quick-hiking in order to manipulate the defense into leaving an offensive player completely uncovered is prohibited.
Teams on offense must huddle after an incomplete pass. The offensive team cannot run a play without huddling immediately after an incomplete pass. Having the offense Trigger a no-huddle and running a play immediately after an incomplete pass is prohibited.
MANUAL / ”TURBO/SPY-BLITZING” BANNED FOR ALL NORMAL DROPBACK PASSING PLAYS: Manually controlling a player to blitz in between the tackles (offensive line), and/or “Turbo/Spy Blitzing” during normal dropback passing plays (shotgun or undercenter) is prohibited. First time violators of this rule will automatically forfeit/receive a loss for the game in question. In leagueplay, second time violators of this rule will be demoted or removed from the league where the violations took place.
If there's a disconnection during a C4/UMG competition game, you and your opponent will try to continue the game from the point of disconnection. If the two of you can agree to what score, quarter, time, and field position the game needs to be continued from; please continue the game from that point. IF THE TEAMS CAN NOT AGREE, A Commissioner WILL SET THE TERMS. IN THE CASE OF A Commissioner BEING INVOLVED, ANOTHER Commissioner WILL SET THE TERMS. IN CASE OF A BLOWOUT THE LOSING TEAM HAS THE OPTION TO CONTINUE OR NOT. Commissioner RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DECLARE A WINNER OF A CLEAR BLOWOUT.
For verification purposes, if the person can have someone verify that they are still in the game and have someone backup their story that would be extremely beneficial. Commissioner reserves the right to declare a winner in the event of any multiple disconnect situation, or any situation where the same owner has repeated disconnects with different opponents. All disconnects must be completed within 24 hours from point of disconnect. It would be best to complete game immediately.
If you believe your opponent has done something wrong, please file a complaint immediately by contacting tournament live support which can be accessed at the bottom right of your screen. (There will be a blue and white chat bubble you can click on).
Filing a false complaint will put you at risk for removal from the Compete4ever leagues and community.
COMPETE4EVER CONDUCT AND COMMUNICATION STANDARDS
Standards are subject to change at any time.
1: Use common sense.
2: Treat others as you'd like to be treated.
3: Friendly trash talk is expected in any kind of competition, but abusive language and poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated at COMPETE4EVER. Doing so could lead to your removal from the league and community. If you have beef with an opponent, be tactful with your accusations, and take it up with a Commissioner if necessary. Please don't berate one another publicly; -think if you would say this to a person’s face offline!
4: Understand that you and every other member of this community represent COMPETE4EVER. –Let’s all do our part to make COMPETE4EVER a community that everyone would be proud to become a part of!
5: You are also expected to abide by the Compete4ever forum guidelines. They can be seen here: http://compete4ever.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5
6: COMPETE4EVER management reserves the right to not take commissioners, owners, or leaders of other leagues into our own leagues. They are typically too busy with their own leagues, as well as having the potential to spam our league members to join their leagues. Please do NOT use the COMPETE4EVER Forums, COMPETE4EVER chats, and/or COMPETE4EVER e-mail to recruit for other leagues in any way, shape or form. Should this happen, that person will be removed from the COMPETE4EVER Leagues and Community immediately, without notice.
7: USING RUDE AND ABUSIVE LANGUAGE WHEN COMMUNICATING WITH C4 STAFF IS NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR ANY REASON. THEY ARE EXPECTED TO BE COURTEOUS, HELPFUL, AND AT LEAST CIVIL TO EVERYONE IN REGARDS TO ANYTHING IN AND AROUND COMPETE4EVER; THE SAME SHOULD BE RECIPROCATED TO THEM. ANYONE THAT SHOWS THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT WILL BE DEALT WITH ACCORDINGY.
*EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY 6/15/17 at 3:29AM ET* For any wagers setup in any publicly viewable C4 channels (general slack chat/forum message board):
1: They are payable on a one-by-one basis immediately after each associated game/event. Any rematches/runbacks/etc will be negotiated after payment for the prior wager is received by the winner.
2: Gameplay rules will always default to the ruleset for the highest level of competition for said game. For example, Madden = MCS rules. There will be no modifications of these rules.
3: Any scams/schemes used to not pay or recover/charge-back money lost in a wager will result in the offending player being banned indefinitely from all non MCS sanctioned C4 leagues, tournaments, channels, and communities.
4: These rules/conditions are non-negotiable, even between opponents and wager participants.
1: Your own Compete4ever forums profile is required. You can register for a Compete4ever forums profile at: http://compete4ever.com/forum/register.php .
2: Your own dedicated Xbox Live Gamer tag and/or Playstation Network ID is required for league games. You are responsible for maintaining those accounts to ensure that you'll be able to fulfill your commitment of finishing your league games. You are responsible for playing YOUR OWN league games. You can access Xbox Live Gamer tag information here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/default.htm ,and Playstation Network ID information here: http://us.playstation.com/psn/index.htm . You are also required to use Xbox Smartglass and/or the PlayStation App on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer to communicate with fellow leaguemembers on Xbox Live and/or PlayStation Network respectively. You can downlad Xbox Smartglass from: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/smartglass , and the PlayStation App from: http://us.playstation.com/ps4/app/ . Sharing of Xbox Live Gamer tags and/or Playstation Network IDs between Compete4ever league members is strictly prohibited. If it is found out that someone else is intentionally playing league games on your Xbox Live Gamertag and/or Playstation Network ID, you and any other Compete4ever league member involved risks being suspended indefinitely.
3: You are required to have your own dedicated Slack Screen Name. This is used for contacting opponents on your schedule or communicating with them during league games. You can download Slack here: https://slack.com/downloads .
4: League members are required to have a computer that they have regular access to. This is to allow you to access your league forum(s), report league game scores, as well as coordinate game times with your scheduled opponents.
5: PSN/XBL, Compete4ever forum posts, and Slack are the required options to coordinate C4 gametimes. Texting is OPTIONAL, but has been found to work pretty well with owners that have proven themselves trustworthy enough to do that with. Phone numbers should be sent via C4 PM, PSN/XBL, or Slack DM. These forums can be viewed by anyone; there's no reason why you should be posting your phone numbers publicly here. -Remember, phone texting is OPTIONAL; you can't make it the only option available to your opponent. If your opponent isn't comfortable giving you their number via texts, you must still use PSN/XBL, the C4 forums, and Slack to coordinate gametimes.
6: All Compete4ever league members are required to use ALL of the required tools and methods of communication to coordinate game times with their scheduled opponents.
GAMETIME SCHEDULING WITH YOUR OPPONENTS:
1. In normal "Play Now" Compete4ever Leagues, League schedules are completely open. This means you can play any of your opponents at any time in the regular season. Make sure you put your Madden name in your C4 Forum profile so we don't get any imposters! For Franchise and Dynasty leagues, you must play opponents in the order that the Online Franchise or Dynasty feature dictates. The home team is responsible for sending the challenge; both teams are responsible for making sure settings are correct.
2. Please reach out to the commissioner of your league if you're having a difficult time getting responses from your opponents. However, be sure to be reasonable when considering the amount of time it takes for your opponent to get back to you.
3. The league requires the completion of every game on your season schedule (100% of 16 games for NFL, etc.). Your activity has a direct impact on your playoff seeding and draft positioning, as well as your spot in the league.
1. Players competing in any UMGO tournament, must be a resident of the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Canada. Players must not be a resident of the state of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland or the territory of Quebec.
2. There is only one prize per household for each tournament.
3. If a player’s account is banned for any reason by UMGO that said player cannot avoid that ban in any way to play in another UMGO tournament. If said player makes a secondary account and is playing in a UMGO tournament, said player and his/her team will be disqualified from the rest of the tournament with no credit refund. There will be no exceptions.
4. If any team fails to report an issue with another team and knows another team is doing something that can get them banned or disqualified from a tournament, the team that didn’t report may risk forfeiture and no refund of credits.
5. If and when leadership of a team is given to another member of that team. That person gives up all privileges that a leader gets.
6. To join a tournament team you may not join the team from a proxy IP address. If a player does so, you risk being forfeited.
7. Substitutions are not allowed in our tournaments. Once the tournament begins your roster is final.
8. Users may not share accounts, Xbox Live accounts, PlayStation Network accounts, or any aliases linked to a designated player’s account. Doing so can lead to a temporary ban from the site.
9. Any form of abuse of any staff member is prohibited. If a user does abuse a staff member, that user risks a temporary site ban and/or disqualification from the match that said user is participating in currently.
10. If a user disputes any payment from UMGO, said user is at risk of getting banned from UMGO.
11. Tournament bracket size and prize are subject to change depending on the total number of eligible teams at the start of a tournament.
12. In order to be refunded for connection issues you must provide valid proof. Proof should be in video form showing that your router is plugged in and and all cords are connected. You should begin by showing the front of the router showing which lights are on/off. Then follow the ethernet from your router to your xbox/playstation and show that it is connected on both ends. Finally, you must show your xbox/playstation not being able to connect to the internet. This must all be in (1) video with the time and date displayed in the proof as well. Once this proof is gathered please submit it for review.
13. UMGO reserve the right to change, modify, or adapt all rules as deemed appropriate in order to uphold and maintain a spirit of overall fairness and good sportsmanship
1. Players who move their character outside of the normal boundaries of a map may forfeit the game. Moving outside of the normal boundaries of a map includes but is not limited to part of the character’s body passing through what should be a non-permeable surface or object, and moving into any area from which your character registers shots on an opponent who is not able to register shots on your character.
2. If a Player finds that they are unable to Aim Down Sights (ADS) properly, they should notify a Tournament Official immediately. If the Tournament Official is able to confirm that this has occurred, they will determine whether the round/game should be restarted, the game win should be awarded to a team, and/or the conditions under which the round/game should be resumed.
3. After a Private Match has been created, only players on the (2) teams and UMGO Staff members may be invited/join. If a player that is not a registered member of one of the teams (ineligible player) joins a game, the game must be ended. If a player is found to have invited an ineligible player to a game, a forfeit may be issued for tourney disruption.
4. If a player lags out during the first 30 seconds the game should be ended and restarted for all game modes unless damage is inflicted by the opposing team prior to said time.
a) The team who lost the player should either leave the game, switch to spectator mode, or end the game if that team is host.
7. Any form of cheating, using a glitch, abusing in-game mechanics, or unsportsmanlike behavior may result in a forfeit of a game, match, or ban from UMGO.
8. UMGO reserves the right to broadcast any match. If UMGO chooses to broadcast a match, UMGO Staff members must be allowed into each game. If UMG Staff members are unable to connect to a host, all other hosting options may be explored until a suitable host is found.
9. Third party communication is allowed for this tournament. (i.e skype, TeamSpeak, Party Chat, etc.). However, players must be able to communicate with any staff member that joins the lobby.
10. If your team is competing in multiple UMG tournaments at once and your team is in the finals of one of these tournaments, your team has 20 minutes from the scheduled match time to play the finals match or your team risks being reported as a no show which can lead to a forfeit of the finals match or being forced to playing man down.
11. Teams can only play one man down in a tournament match. Not having the required amount of players in the lobby at the time given by a referee will result in a forfeit of the map.
1. Tournament matches are expected to be played at the scheduled match time. If an opposing team fails to show up after 10 minutes after the scheduled match time, you must report a no show to live support. We will then contact the opposing team to confirm the no show.
2. No Shows:
- For best of 5 matches. Teams will have 5 minutes from the no show report time (Refer to Rule #1) to join for map one or risk forfeit of that map. Once a team forfeits first map, they will have an additional 5 minutes to show for second map or risk forfeiting that map. Once a team forfeits second map, they will have an additional 5 minutes to show for third map or risk forfeiting that map as well. Resulting in a forfeit of the match. match. (Effective 2/2/2018)
For best of 3 matches. Teams will have 5 minutes from the no show report time (Refer to Rule #1)
to join for map one or risk forfeit of that map.
Once a team forfeits first map, they will have an additional 5 minutes to show for second map or risk forfeiting that map. Resulting in a forfeit of the match. Additional time may be given by tournament live support.
- For best of 1 matches. Teams will have 5 minutes from the no show report time (Refer to Rule #1) to join for map one or risk forfeit of that map/match. If you need additional clarification on this ruling, feel free to contact tournament live support. Additional time may be given by tournament live support. (Effective 2/2/2018)
3. If random users enter the room, you must ask them to leave. If they leave immediately without disrupting the match then the match will continue. If random user(s) interfere in a match then the hosting team must end the map, restart, and continue from the same score when the inference happened.
4. If a team reports a loss for a match, they cannot then contact Live Support looking to get the match reverted/replayed. Matches are only reverted/replayed if a match being advanced is due to admin error..
5. If any match that is started and played before the scheduled time, it will not be considered a warm-up and it will count as an official game.
6. Any claims for glitching, banned weapons, or cheating you must contact live support. Please have video proof ready when contacting live support.
7. Teams have up to 5 minutes between maps. Extra time may be given if live support feels it’s necessary to extend the 5 minute time limit.
8. If the hosting team ends the map early before it concludes, the map will continue where the map was ended. Unless stated otherwise by UMG Online staff.
9. Hosting the wrong map will be a replay of the correct map unless the map hosted is included in the current match rotation and the entire map was played out. You will substitute that map for another. For example, the maps are Strike, Vacant, & Bog. The first hosting team hosts Vacant and plays the map out. The second hosting team will host Strike as second map, etc.
1. Tournament matches must be played on time. Delays in the tournament are not permitted unless live support allows a delay.
2. Users have 5 minutes from the time of their opponent(s) reporting a win/loss to dispute the match or report a loss. Teams that fail to report the outcome of their matches risk being temporarily banned from the UMG Online for tournament disruption.
3. The use of keyboard and mouse are prohibited from tournament play. Using a keyboard and mouse will result in a disqualification from the tournament (Pending proof).
UMG Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. To register for a user account for the Services, you must be 13 years of age or older. This includes competing in skill based matches (Tournaments, Cash Outs, and/or Free XP ladder matches).